|BS – VIII|
|Course Title : RISK MANAGEMENT
Course Number : BA (H) – 693
Credit Hours: 03
- To provide students with a comprehensive perspective on risk management tools and techniques;
- To develop analytical and integrative thinking in understanding and implementing the risk management practices.
- To arouse the sense of business through an experiential approach, especially in the completion of assignments.
- To practice communication skills intertwined with risk management topics.
- To strengthen the creativity of students.
- Risk Management Control And Evaluation
- Meaning, Nature And Types Of Risks;
- Identification Of Risks Of An Organisation;
- Methods Of Measuring, Assessing And Control Risks;
- Evaluation Of Risk Management Strategies;
- Assessing And Managing Risks;
- Minimising The Risks Of Fraud And Application Of Appropriate Audit Techniques;
- Minimising Political Risks; Principles Of Diversification Of Risks;
- Issues Related To Management’s Risk Policy;
- Risk Assessment Procedures And Success Of Information About The Entity And Its Environment, Revision Of Risk Assessment.
Financial Risk Management
- Risk and the management of the firm.
- The markets.
- Market mechanisms and efficiency.
- Interest-rate risk.
- Currency risk.
- Equity and commodity price risk.
- The behaviour of asset prices.
- Quantifying financial risks.
- Financial methods for measuring risk.
- Qualitative approaches to risk assessment.
Credit Risk Management
- Introduction to credit risk management
- Understanding financial statements
- Ratio analysis
- Expert and ratio systems
- Credit scoring and modelling default
- Market-based credit models
- Market default models
- Managing credit risk in a corporate environment
- Financial distress
- Stress Testing
SBP Guidelines for Risk Management
Basel Committee Capital Adequacy Framework
(Basel I, II and Basel III)
SBP Guidelines for implementation of Basel
Comparative Analysis and Risk Management in Islamic Banking and Conventional Banks
- Michel Crouhy, Robert Mark, Dan Galai, Risk Management, Mc-Graw-Hill
- David McNamee, Business Risk Assessment, The Institute of Internal Auditors USA.
- Don M. Chance, An Introduction to Derivatives and Risk Management, 6th Edition