|BBA – I (Hons.)|
|Course Title :ISLAMIC STUDIES
Course Number : BA (H) – 351
Credit Hours : 03
This course will focus on the meaning, the significance and the practicality of Islam as universal religion, project the Islamic beliefs, and the Islamic code of life and acquaint the students with the importance of religion and its place in human life
- Misconceptions about Islam
- Human Rights
- Women Rights and Duties
- Relation with Non Muslims
- Kasb- E- Halal (Lawful Earning)
- Political System of Islam
- Islamic Mode of Financing
- Serat Life of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H)
- Islamic Culture and Civilization
1.1 What is Religion?
1.2 Need of Religion
1.3 Why Islam is the Best Religion?
1.4 Islam vs Christianity and Judaism.
2.1 Jehad and Terrorism
2.2 Islam and Freedom
2.3 Islam and Modernity
3.1 Islamic Concept of Human Rights
3.2 Western Concept of Human Rights
3.3 Comparative Analysis of Both
4.1 Islamic Concept
4.2 Western Concept
5.1 With Reference of Sura Mumtahina Verse 8 and 9
5.2 Rights and Duties of Non Muslims in an Islamic State
6.2 Effects on Human Life and Behavior
7.1 Concept of State
7.2 Characteristics of Islamic State
9.2 Life at Makkah
9.3 Declaration of Prophet Hood and Its Difficulties
9.4 Migration to Madina
9.6 Madina Charter
9.7 The Holy war of Prophet
9.8 Treaty of Hudaybia
9.9 Conquest of Makkah
9.10 Last Sermon of Holy Prophet at Arafat
10.1 Impact of Islamic Civilization on the Sub Continent.
10.2 The Civilization of Sub Continent before Islam
10.3 The Political, Social and Moral Impacts of Islamic Civilization on Sub Continent
10.4 Academic, Intellectual, Social, Cultural Impact of Islam on the World
- Muhammad Hameedullah Islam and Practical Life, Darul Ishaat, Karachi, 1998.
- Syed Abu Ala Mawdudi Towards Understanding Islam, Islamic Publications, London, 1993.
- Khurshid Ahmed, Islami Nazaria-e-Hiyat, B.C.C & T, University of Karachi, Karachi, 1980.
- Tahir Mansoori, Islamic Law of Contracts and Business Transaction, Shri’ah Academy, Islamabad, 2005.