|BS – VIII|
|Course Title : GLOBAL MARKETING
Course Number : BA (H) – 631
Credit Hours: 03
Text Book: Global Marketing by Micheal R. Czinkota, Ilkka A. Ronkainen
References: Relevant Journals, Magazines and News Papers for Current Developments.
- To understand the changing trends in global marketing due to fierce competition from all corners of the world.
- To understand that marketing is now a world encompassing discipline.
- To study that how do global marketing integrates the important societal dimensions of diversity, environmental concern, ethics and economic transformation.
- To understand the emphasis global marketing has on the cultural and geographic dimensions in conjunction in with their effect on marketing management.
- To understand how it covers the entire range of international marketing including start-up operations and new entry considerations.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED:
Part I AN OVERVIEW
The Global Marketing Imperative
- What Global Marketing is?
- Importance of World Trade.
- Opportunities and challenges in Global Marketing
- The Cultural Environment
- Culture Defined
- The Elements of Culture
- Sources of Cultural Knowledge
- Cultural Analysis
- Policies and Law
- Economic and Financial Dimensions
- Market Characteristics, Financial Dimensions
- Transition in Global Marketing
Part III DEVELOPING GLOBAL READINESS
Building the Knowledge Base
- Determining Secondary Information requirements.
- Analyzing and Interpreting Secondary Data
- International Information System
- Globalization Drivers
- Global Strategic Planning Process
- Market Entry
- Motivations to Internationalize
- Change Agents
- Export Development Stages
- Exporter Concern
- Corporate Strategy and Exporting
- Market Entry Alternatives
- Global Expansion
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Major Foreign Investors
- Management Contract
- Global Product Management
- The Market Environment
- Product Characteristics
- Global Services Marketing
- Managing Global Channel Relations
- Channel Design
- Selection of Intermediaries
- Channel Management
- Global Pricing Strategies
- Price Dynamics
- Transfer Pricing
- Pricing within Individual Markets
- Pricing Coordination
- Global Promotional Strategies
- Planning Promotional Campaigns
- Other Promotional Elements
- The Future
- Global Marketing Environment
- Careers in Global Marketing
Part II THE GLOBAL MARKETING ENVIRONMENT
Part IV GLOBAL MARKETING STRATEGY
Note: The course study be related to Pakistan’s role, advantages, and drawbacks in context with Global Marketing.