|BBA – V (Hons.)|
|Course Title:COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Course Number :BA (H) – 531
Credit Hours : 03
This course develops the student to observe group relationship and its importance in organizational setup with the distinction between functional and dysfunctional aspects. Sociology helps to learn and perform to meet the objectives and norms of an organization, and to interact purposefully with the groups for the success of business. This course will help the students of management to learn the recent trends in sociology.
Some of the important topics are culture, sub culture their usefulness and functional importance, roles and status in an organizational setup, social stratification etc. The subject tackles some of the challenges of globalization.
- Definition of Sociology
- Scope of Sociology
- Sociology and Scientific Thoughts: Relationship of Sociology with other Social Sciences
3.3 Political Science
3.5 Social Anthropology
- Theoretical Perspectives in Sociology
- The Origin of Society
5.1 The Emergence of Man
5.2 The Symbolic World
5.3 Individual, Group and Society – Definition
5.4 Community – Definition
- Rural Community
- Urban Community
5.5 Culture – Meaning, Definition and Characteristics of Culture
5.6 Functional Role of Culture in Society
6.1 Definition, Objectives of Socialization
6.2 Process of Socialization
6.3 Agencies of Socialization
6.4 Groups – The Basic Social Unit
- Ethnology – Definition, Meaning and Importance
- Social Institutions
8.1 Definition and Characteristics
8.2 Types of Social Institution
9.2 Personality and Culture
- Social Change
10.1 Definition, Meaning and Factors
4.1 Why Different Perspectives
4.2 The Functional Perspective
4.3 The Conflict Perspective
4.4 The Interactionist Perspective
8.3 Role in Social Institutions
- Albert Wilhelm, Elements of Sociology, Heineman Educational Books Limited, London, 1968.
- Biesanz Mavis Hitunen, Richard Biesanz and Karen Biesanz, Introduction to Sociology (Study Guide), Prentice Hall, Inc. New Jersey, 1973.
- DeFleur Melvin L., Millian V. D. Antonio and Lois B. Defleur, Sociology : Man in Society, Foresman and Company, London, 1972.
- Jean, Stockard, Sociology : Discovering Society, Wadsworth, 2000.
- Rand Jerry. D. Rose, Introduction to Sociology, Menally College Publishing Company Chicago, 1973.
- Whitten Philips, Reading in Sociology : Contemporary Perspectives, Harper and Raw Publishers, London, 1979, (2nd Edition).