MBA – IV
DBA – 562
- Contemporary Advertising by William E. Arens (International Edition Published by National Book Foundation)
- Advertising Excellence, Thill, Dowell & Wood, McGraw Hill, 1995, 5th Edition
1. The Dimension of Advertising
- What is advertising?
- The Human communication process: applying the communication process to advertising.
- Marketing: determining the types of advertising to use.
- What is marketing?
- Identifying target markets and target audiences.
- Implementing marketing strategy
- Integrating marketing strategy
- Integrating marketing
2. The Scope of Advertising: form local to global
- The advertising industry
- The organizations in advertising
- The people in advertising
- The adviser (the client)
- Local advertising
- Regional, national and transnational advertiser
- The advertising agency
- Types of advertising agencies
- The client/agency relationship
3. Relationship building: direct marketing personal selling and sales promotion
- The importance of relationship marketing
- Understanding direct marketing
- The role & Drawbacks of direct marketing
- Types of direct marketing activities
- Direct sales and Direct response advertising
- Personal selling the human medium
- Types, Advantages & Drawbacks of personal selling
- The positive and negative effective of sales promotion
- Sales promotion strategies and tactics
4. Relationship building: public relations, sponsorship and corporate advertising
- The role of public relations
- The difference between advertising and public relations
- Public relations planning and research
- Public relation tolls
- Sponsorship and event
- Benefit & Drawbacks of sponsorship
- Types of sponsorship
- Corporate / institutional sponsorship
- Public relations advertising
5. Creative strategy and creative process
- The creative team
- What makes great advertising?
- Formulating advertising strategy
- How creativity enhance advertising?
- What is creativity?
- The role of creativity in advertising
- Understanding creativity thinking
- The creativity process
- The explorer role: gathering information
- The Artist role: developing and implementing the big idea
6. Using advertising media
- Managing the advertising production process
- The radio commercial production process
- The television commercial process
- Producing advertising for digital media
- Using print media
- The digital interactive media
- Out of home & Exhibit media